Recipe: Egg Roast (Dry egg curry)
Quick Glance: Egg roast also called Egg Masala or Egg Curry is a semi gravy dish made of boiled eggs and various other masalas. It goes well with all kinds of bread like roti, naan, chapati or appam. If made into a gravy form, it can also be eaten with rice.
- Boiled Eggs…. 4 nos (cut lengthwise into half)
- Onions…. 2 cups (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes….. 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic paste…. 1 tspn
- Chilli powder…. 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder…. 1/2 tspn
- Coriander Powder….. 2 tspn
- Green chillies….. 3 nos(slit lengthwise)
- Curry Leaves…. 1 tspn
- Garam Masala Powder(optional)….. 1 tspn
- Oil….. 1 tbspn
- Salt… to taste
- Water (optional)
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
- Now add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes get mashed well. (You can add some water if you feel the mixture is too dry)
- Now add the eggs and salt and mix well. (You can add the garam masala powder at this time)
- Cook for 5-6 mins.
- Egg Roast is ready to be served with chapati or roti.
The eggs need to be Hard Boiled. Use a tspn of vinegar to avoid cracking of eggs while boiling. Do not stir the mixture too hard after adding the eggs or the eggs might crumble.
If you need to make this in a gravy form, you can do it by adding one cup of coconut milk to it.
Diet type: Non-Vegetarian
Meal type: Main Course
Culinary tradition: Indian
Copyright © Taste & Flavours.
Recipe by Taste & Flavours Team..